Monday, June 29, 2009

Therewith to be content

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in
whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Philippians 4:11

Our pastor, Pastor Gray spoke last night using the above verse. Definitely something we all needed. Thank you.
We often loose sight of what we have and don't appreciate it. I, myself, am working on being content with what I have.
I love our van, but when it has it's quirks, I think of what would be better...but I am content.
We have an excellent van that runs, has AC, and no car payments!!

I'm always saying, Our house is too small...but I am content.
It is just the right size with a spectacular backyard for the kids to play.


Sometimes, I say to myself, I wish Jed was home; but I am content.
I am reminded...He is out working to pay for our wonderful house, food in our tummies, clothes on our backs, gas for our wonderful van, and to pay the bills. I love you, Jed.

~May 28, 2004~

I miss my family...and I often think...why do I live so far away? but I am content.
The advantage of living far away ensures that I get to go to Florida for vacation more often than others!!

~March 18, 2007--Mom's 60th birthday get together~

I am Content. I do have dreams of bigger and better things..but I am content with what God has given me. All too quick, it could be taken away.
Appreciate what you have now...and be content.

No comments: