Sunday, February 6, 2011

Extending the olive branch



I feel like my olive branch is limp...That there isn't much life in it.

Today's Sunday School lesson was all about acknowledging those who helped your marriage. Meaning being thankful for the people who invested in their lives and made them who they are today. They didn't just magically appear as Prince Charming and sweep you off your feet. There was time, love, diligence, determination..all of that invested in them.
We were reminded today that when you marry your mate, you are marrying the entire family that comes with them. And getting along with the family goes hand in hand to a great marriage. Sometimes, I feel like the olive branch has been extended..and then used to smack me back with it...but I'm going to do my dead level best to keep the olive branch extended...even if it used as a weapon.

This statement was made by our Pastor today:
"When the law of Love rules in the heart, then the law of kindness is found in the tongue."
Profound yet convicting statement.


No comments: