Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Lilyann

Thankful. We all have a lot to be thankful for this year. Our Little Lilyann is now 1 yr old!! Today is her 1st birthday. I can't believe it has already been a year since Lilyann was born.

Lilyann--4D sono picture
holding daddy's finger--just after birth

It was November 29, 2007, when I was admitted. I had been for a checkup at the Dr's office that morning and the Dr said that Lily was high, she floating in all the extra fluids (I was on the verge of gestational diabetes during this pregnancy) So the Dr wanted me to check in Thursday evening to get everything ready for my Friday morning induction. At 6am on November 30, the Dr comes in to check me and see if I am all thinned out and dilated anymore...well, during this process, my water breaks. And all the fun begins. Around 6pm (i think), Lilyann Jade Smith was born...weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz and measuring 21 inches long. It was one exciting day.

Lilyann with Great Great Aunt Gloria







On Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2008, we celebrated Lilyann's 1st birthday. We did a Blue's Clues theme party. Lily seemed to have a good time, even though she was sporting a Rudolph red nose from having a runny nose all week. It is surprising to see how quickly little ones change.

Happy Birthday, Lilyann. You are one special little lady. Mommy, Daddy, and Dakota love you very much.

2 comments:

LEST WE FORGET said...

What an absolute treasure she is!! I love the puppy dog hat with the ears :). A most blessed happy birthday to Little Lily. Yes, our Great God is so good!

I'm so glad I happened to check your blog today. I haven't been blog reading in ages. TOO MUCH going on around here, and I feel terrible that I haven't documented it all on our blog. The time goes by so fast. It's on to Marie's birthday on December 2nd, and of course, it is Christmas decorating "CHAOS" central around here. How about you guys?

Love you Lots and Miss You Too,
Christy
Ephesians 3:20 "Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly far above all that we could ever ask or think..."

Meet the Smiths said...

Thank you! She truly is a treasure. It was Chaos here earlier last week. I pulled the Christmas tree out and put it up in the garage to check the bulbs and let it air out...and Dakota cried because he wanted the Christmas tree inside. So, our tree was inside and decorated before Thanksgiving. Dakota is so proud of his Christmas tree--he wants everyone to see it. Give Marie a birthday hug from us. Thinking of you all this holiday season!
Love ya'
-Joy and the family