Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Weekend and Ike....

I'm going to add in our Monday, also. Marge came over with the kids, Samantha and Cash; so all the kids could play together. Marge and Sam still don't have power, but they have a generator. So today, we went down to the park to play...and wear out the kids a bit. The kids had a great you can see from the slide show.
Friday was a good day....Dakota got to go play at Grandma's house while watching the men work (Grandma is having the foundation of her house repaired). Friday afternoon/evening is when the scattered showers started...But Jed and I still kept our plans to go to see John Tesh in concert. That was quite an enjoyable experience. He played some wonderful can read more about him at . We know alot about the website and it's link...if the audience cheered every time John Tesh mentioned the website, then t-shirts were thrown out into the crowd...we didn't catch any though. You should hear his take on I Can Only Imagine and Yes, Lord, Yes~~inspiring! We didn't take any pictures of the concert. We were under the impression that no flash photography was allowed during the show.
Also on Friday or Thursday night, Lilyann has started pulling up. She gets up on her knees and pulls up on whatever is around her. She has started pulling up in her crib...she is only on her knees, but she sometimes cant figure out how to get down. Soon, she will be pulling up to stand. Dakota is enjoying having Lilyann more mobile and sitting up on her own. The two of them have been playing alot better together.

Just to let you know, I don't think that i will every first associate Ike with Mike and Ike's (yummy candies) will be associated with Hurricane Ike. We got some winds and rain from Tropical Storm Ike (it downgraded before it hit us). We lost power for about 10 hours, but nothing as devastating as what others got. It was fun at first, but after awhile, it is hard for a 2 1/2 yr old to understand that the power is out and the TV doesn't work. Dakota had a few meltdowns (he loves to watch movies...especially Happy Feet, which he had borrowed from Grandma's house); but we let him play some games we don't usually play: like peek-a-boo from window to window, making towers with the mega blocks (these are our rainy day toys), and just opening all the windows and watching the wind and rain. So that is how we spent our Saturday.

Lily and Daddy watching the wind and rain together

Dakota during one of his meltdowns

We started Sunday morning (early) at Boo's house (Jed's Grandma). We drove out to her house-she still had power-and since we didn't and it was getting hot and humid in the house, and the kids were fussy; so we decided to stay the night (Friday) at Boo's house. After an hour of us being at Boo's house...The power started flickering and goes out. Though the power was out, it was still a good night...the kids had a change of scenery and Dakota loved playing with the flashlights. We came home Sunday morning around 8am...our power was already back on (it came back on sometime during the night) so the house was cool and Dakota had his cartoons back! YAY!! Jed slept on the couch with Dakota while watching cartoons, Lily went back to sleep, and I fell asleep once i hit the bed. Sunday School was cancelled due to power outages, but regular church service wasn't. So, we head on to church. Seeing our friends was good.

We had a long weekend, and we are thankful that it was a safe weekend given the circumstances.

No comments: