Monday, September 1, 2008

Small Moment

Lilyann (April 2008)
Cash and Samantha with Lilyann (August 29, 2008)

For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. Isaiah 54:7



Our pastor used the verse stated above for his text today. He talked about things happening that seem as if the world is about to end, but then when you look back on them. You see that is was "for a small moment." It wasn't forever. And God's mercies were there for us. It caused me to think back to when Lilyann was diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect. I thought that my world had ended or was at least coming to an end. I was so distraught. I didn't know what to do. My little girl was sick, not eating, not gaining weight...She just was not doing good. It was a long 3 months that seemed to never end. But it did end. God's mercies shown through. And as i look back on those long 3 months, I realize that it was but for a small moment. My world did not end. It made me stronger. It was something that we all needed as a family...God knew what he was doing.



Just remember...God is there. It may not seem like it, but "For a small moment I have forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee." Claim God's promises.

No comments: