Wednesday, January 28, 2015

9 years and counting....

Call me overly sentimental....but today, it's allowed.
Today, my oldest turns 9 years old!!!!!!!

Holy cow, that makes me OLD-ish ;) 
I was thinking about the day he entered our lives. I was extremely exhausted. I had been at the hospital since the morning before. You see, I was induced at 36 weeks and 2 days. My blood pressure was out of control. It was the safest solution (at the time) for Mommy and baby. I was ready to give up and just let the doctor do a C-section. But Jed leaned over me and said "If you want to have this baby without a C-section, we will do it. It's your choice." So, we prayed...and then we started pushing. 24 minutes later, I heard his sweet cry. Incredible. You think hearing that heartbeat around 10-12 weeks pregnant is incredible, just wait for the first cry.

It was a special day. Our little boy had arrived. And he was healthy...even with being so early. He was a tiny one...long legged and weighing 6 lbs 2 oz. My smallest baby.
What a joyous day.


Happy Birthday to Dakota!!

-enJoy

No comments: