Thursday, January 8, 2015

First post of 2015

It's 2015!! 
And that happened rather quickly. It seemed like just yesterday I was trying to figure out a way to share my thoughts. I wanted something that my children could look back on and read. The silly times, the tough times, the times to celebrate, the times to learn, etc.
January 2008 was when I started our family blog. It was a rainy day and I think I was just rambling about making some yummy soup for dinner. I was a stay at home Mommy of 2 kiddos at that time. A precious almost-2-yr-old boy and my "pretty girl". Little did I know that a few posts later, I'd be sharing about my "pretty girl's" health. She was diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect. Crazy how life can change so quickly. But you know, that was one of the times we learned...the tough times. 
We learned all about insurance at this time (quite the fiasco for these new parents). We learned to leave everything in God's hands. We learned to pray...and pray we did. We learned that "all things work together for good."  We made it through those tough times...with God's help and that of friends and family.


This blog became my means of communication. Rather than call all of my friends and family, I just posted a new update on the blog. It provided an outlet for me. There was something calming about sitting down and putting my thoughts on "paper". 

So...as we start a new year, I hope and pray it finds you all in good health. I know the weather is bit nasty for a few of y'all, so stay well. Take your Vit C and wash your hands. Say your prayers and tell someone you love them. 
7 years later and that precious "pretty girl" is doing wonderful <3 nbsp="" p="">



-enJoy

No comments: