Thursday, January 24, 2008

1st visit to the Heart Specialist

well, we just got home from our visit to the heart specialist. Lily definitely has a hole in her heart and it is a medium to large hole. The doctor gives Lily a 15% chance that she will NOT have to have the surgery...meaning that there is an 85% chance that she will. :( The surgery will be open heart surgery to patch the hole in the septum between the right ventricle and the left ventricle. We see the specialist again in 4 weeks, unless Lily fails to gain any weight..She will be weighed again on Wednesday and if she doesnt gain the amount of weight the drs would like, we are back to Dallas for another EKG and echo of her see how much more the heart has enlarged and if the hole has gotten any bigger. And depending on the the "damage" they will then schedule her for open heart surgery. The dr said we would be looking at a 10 day to 2 week hospital stay with her.

There is that 15 % chance that the hole can heal on it's own if Lily can gain more weight and help her heart out.

the dr put Lily on 2 meds to help get rid of fluid in the lungs and also something to help with the heart's muscles...dont remember the names of the meds offhand.

It was a good visit...the dr was very nice and made us all feel at ease. Lily just looked around and tried to coo thru her EKG and then she fell asleep for her echo of her she did really good with her tests today.



Well hello there Dearest Joy and Jeb too,

Mama forwarded me your e-mail so I could have your blog address. It was a special blessing to hear from you on my comment page the other day. I had intended to e-mail you and ask if you could e-mail me a picture of Lily so we could see this little one we are praying beat me to it!

The blog is a great idea...although I was not for the work of posting, but now I enjoy doing it. You do not have to e-mail so many pictures out to people anymore...just say, check out the blog :)

Another thing about the blog is that it is a wonderful opportunity to share with others about the salvation and work of the Lord Jesus. You do not always know who will be reading it and how you may impact that person to become more like Christ or even accept Him as their Savior.

I posted you in my God's Special People Link so that I can check up on you frequently. I look forward to the encouragement we can be for each other as mommies. I know that keeping in touch with Vida and all the Earnshaws has been a big blessing for me.

If there is one thing I can say about your precious definitely know how to dress them :)). They are truly a wonderful gift from Jesus.

Seek God's strength through His Word, Joy. We cannot survive without matter how hard we try.

Christy for All the Shumaker Gang
Ephesians 3:20


P.S. I meant to write Jed with a D...
I don't appreciate my typing errors:)


Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,
Greetings from SC. Just wanted you
to know we are lifting you up in
our prayers. What a wonderful
gift and privilege we have to talk
to our Almighty God. Emmy just
memorized John 14:13 which states...
"And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." We are praying that the Father will be glorified through this trial you are going through. Little Lily is so precious. We are praying for her healing.
We love you,
Aunt Sarah and family