Monday, August 17, 2009

Step back and examine


Step back and look at yourself from all angles

And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
~Romans 5:3,4~

This was the passage that our Pastor spoke from last night. And it was a message that I needed. Do you ever think about what happens when things happen in your life? Did God send them your way or did I create those "tribulations"?

When I step back and look at all the "tribulations" that have happened in my life and the lives of those around me, I see that most are self appointed tribulations. And I have to ask myself, why? Why do I do that to myself, try to have that last word, or provoke "so and so" to the point of arguing? It could all be stopped and I would have fewer "tribulations" by just keeping my mouth shut.

This is my goal for the week....to let all my tribulations be God appointed and not self appointed. God appointed tribulations are those that teach me patience, creates experience (in that situation), and provides me the hope (confidence) to undertake the next tribulation.

Self appointed tribulations just turn into pity parties.

No comments: