Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ready for Spring




I think cabin fever is starting to set in here at the Smith household. The one thing that has my sanity hanging on is the weekend's forecast...sunny and in the 60s! Even better, it's supposed to be Fishing Day at a local park this weekend as well.
Dakota is eager to go fishing with Daddy...and I am just eager to be out in the sunshine.
I really do enjoy cold weather, but the ice, sleet, snow, and wintry mix tends to make it not as enjoyable for me. Having to keep the kids inside for the last few weeks makes the house close in on us all. I am thankful that we don't live further north...I don't know if I can handle the extreme snow for almost 3 months at a time.

Don't worry, she didn't cut her hand..it's just the way the picture looks

We worked on some Valentine's this week...which I forgot to mail...meaning Grandma and Grandpa in Florida will get theirs late. Thankfully, most everyone else lives in the area.
Lily loves to color and draw. This week, I let her try scissors and she was fascinated. She didn't quite get the hang of them...but she sure did try her best.
Dakota did more game playing than anything else this week. So, I thought I'd catch a shot of him doing what he loves to do...playing his DS.


Oh! and I made pinwheels this week..I think that is what they are called. I took crescents and rolled them out..added ham and cheese..rolled them up and then cut into sections and baked...Jed and I enjoyed them...for some reason, the kids didn't even want to try them. Weird


Don't forget to enter to win my very 1st giveaway...you can read about it here.

No comments: