Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten


Dakota with Lily before we said goodbye

After school....with DS in hand

Today was Dakota's 1st day of Kindergarten.

He was so excited to be off to school. Lily really wanted to go to school, too. She keeps telling me "when I turn four at my birthday, I'm going to school, too."

Dakota walked in just fine...holding my hand and his sister's hand. I took him to the Star room (where the kids wait for their teacher to come and walk them to their classroom) and he went right in. He sort of looked at the kids who were crying like they were weird for crying. Only my son. I'm glad he did so well on his 1st day of all day school!

Lily did miss her brother today, but Mommy enjoyed just having 1 child to look after all day. Lily and I went shopping and found some pretty neat Kitty cat rain boots. Since I had credit at the consignment store, I only paid $.93 for these boots and a pair of Dora Sneakers!! AWESOME!

Wearing her new boots!

Close up of the boots...she wore them ALL afternoon!

Relaxing in the van while we waited in line to pick up Dakota from school.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Wish he have a wonderful school year.

He looks so big!!!!!

Nice boots.

Enjoy the weekend.