Thursday, July 11, 2013

Halfway point of Summer Break

 

We are almost at the halfway point of Summer break! Unbelievably exciting!! 

Mommy is surviving the kids. Kids are surviving Mommy. And we are all surviving this heat. It's not as intense as the summer of 2011, but it's HOT in my book. The local meteorologist compares the 100 degree temperature days to that of 2011. At this time in 2011, we had already experienced 20+ triple digit temp days. So far this summer, we are at 3 triple digit temp days.

The key to surviving is getting up early and getting outside before the heat restricts any activity....and coffee! (it's iced coffee these days for me)

We've done some park hopping this summer. All different parks. We've been to parks by the lake, parks with bike trails, parks with sidewalks for scooters, splash parks, and just the plain swings and slides parks. 

Slip n slide in the backyard is one the kids like. Filling up the kiddie pool and then doing cannonballs into the pool is another favorite. I put the sprinkler under the trampoline yesterday; the kids LOVED that. 
And popsicles/freezies...oh! we should own stock in those companies. We've bought 2 cases of freezies already this summer. Each case comes with 200 freezies. We got real popsicles on sticks over the weekend. The kids are loving those as well. Dakota loves them the most because they have jokes written on the sticks. He's a reader, so he will go around and read everyone's jokes. Some are funny and some are just plain corny.

This time next week, we will be en route to our vacation destination! I'm super excited. I can't wait to see my brother and sisters (and MOM!!). They are all meeting us in Colorado! It's gonna be a like a mini family reunion. And the Rocky Mountains..I've heard they're gorgeous! I can't wait. I'm already packing (in my head) for our trip next week.






No comments: