Saturday, July 27, 2013

Heaven's a little sweeter

I can't begin to understand why things happen. The verse keeps popping up "and we know that all things work together for good..." (Romans 8:28)  But sometimes I want to wonder what good?

We may cry and grieve. But we know there is a Heaven. Thank God for Heaven.

I had just signed online this afternoon and saw a headline about 3 killed in a bus accident. I was thinking how sad that was. Those poor teenagers and the victims families. Then I get a call from my brother informing me that my cousin and her husband and their toddler were on that bus. He then proceeded to tell me my cousin and her husband didn't make it. They stepped into Heaven late this afternoon :( My heart hurts. I can't begin to even imagine the grief her mother is experiencing. My dear cousins, aunt, and uncle....my heart hurts for them. We know they are in a better place, but the initial shock is mind numbing.

I continue on with daily happenings...baths for the kids, etc. As I'm bathing Leia, it hits me. Their sweet little boy will never get to enjoy bath time with his mommy and daddy anymore. As a mother, my prayers are with their sweet little boy. He is just a few weeks younger than Leia. I'm glad he has family close to be there for cuddles and hugs...and to one day help him understand what amazing parents he had.

I remember way back when....My dad left to help out my aunt with funeral arrangements for her husband, his brother. He came home telling us how my cousin would walk around with arms up reaching to be picked up by daddy. She was so young, she didn't understand. Now, I'm sure she's walking the streets of gold with her daddy singing praises to Jesus. 
That little story that my dad told after his trip stuck with me. It makes me Thankful for Heaven. 

Say a prayer for my family during this sad time. There's no way to prepare for Death, but at least we know that God is in Control. 
Heaven is a little sweeter tonight ♥ 
((HUGS)) and prayers of understanding, peace, and comfort for my aunt, uncle, and cousins. 
♪♪ And just think of stepping on shore, and finding it Heaven ♪♪

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry Joy. And what a glorious day it will be when we get to heaven.

Unknown said...

I love that song. "Stepping up to Glory.... and finding it home". I just can't get over this. As my husband and I are involved in so many areas, everytime we take a group out I pray and pray because I know those parents have literally put that child's life in my hands. This would be my worst nightmare. Prayers for that church and pastor as they seek Gods face.