Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update overload including pics and video



Wow!! I knew it had been a while since I last posted here...but not that long..It has been since the 9th!

Oh My!

And so much has happened in the last 11 days. It has been quite busy for sure. Not as busy as some, but busy for me.

Let's see....where do I start???

First off, a little update on my Mom. She is home..has been for a while. I enjoy having the opportunity to talk to her at almost anytime I want. She is just a phone call away. But Mom has also finished her in-home physical therapy. She is now doing some outpatient therapy each week. Mom has bounced back from her hip surgery quite well.

Now, on to other topics...we are still home bound. Our van has a mind of it's own. And right now, It chooses not to work. It did work long enough for us to get a new tire on it..and then it died, and we had to have it towed back to our house. Thank God for AAA.

With the cool Fall weather, I have been baking more..Just one recipe. Pumpkin Muffins. Dakota loves to help. I am trying to master this recipe..even though, it isn't a hard recipe, I still can't seem to master it. The recipe calls for: 1 box of spice cake mix, 1 can of plain pumpkin, and 1 cup of water. The muffins are so moist...and yummy! My kids love them. But I can't get them to stop sticking to the papers. Maybe one day....at least the kids don't mind my making them every few days.

Kota helping with the muffins

Playing outside is the new fad for my kids....It seemed like for awhile there that I needed to start working on our ark. We had rain, rain, and more rain. Our plants were loving all the rain, but Myself and the kids...not so much. Now, with rain free weather, we are outside playing more. Dakota loves it when we are outside when his friends get off the bus. Then they come over to jump on the trampoline and play chase in the backyard. Lily likes it because the neighbor's kitty comes over with them..and she gets to terrorize the cat. We really have to watch Lily with that kitty. She would carry it around by it's tail if the cat would let her.

Lily watching Kota and his friends

Lily climbed to the top of the castle and Kota did, too..Lily wasn't too happy about sharing the ladder

So, with the combination of outside playing and Lily learning new things, that has all kept me busy. Lily's new things to do are climbing and trying to get rid of her afternoon nap. She has already gotten rid of her morning nap...which I am just not getting used to. And I am praying she doesn't get rid of her afternoon nap. That is what helps me keep my sanity...what little bit I have left. Yesterday, after 3 attempts, Lily never did take a nap. And then when I put the kids to bed early...and it was only 30 minutes early...neither went to sleep until almost 9pm. 1 1/2 hours after their bedtime!!! Craziness!!

My climbing Lily Lu

We had a wonderful weekend....we went to the East Texas Yamboree!!! Lots of fun. I will post about that later (so check back soon for the Yamboree Post)...because right now, I hear Lily throwing stuff from her crib...which is means that today is turning into day #2 of no naps...ARRRGGHH!!!
Here is a video of Lilyann after our 1st attempt at a nap yesterday. Where do kids get all that energy?

No comments: