Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Baby Boy ♥

Here you are....A small collage of Dakota through the years. 1st Birthday to his 7th Birthday. It's unbelievably crazy how fast time flies when it comes to your children. 

This time 7 years ago, I was in the hospital. I didn't know if it was night or day...I just knew that contractions were coming but I wasn't making any progress. Earlier that day, my doctor decided an induction was necessary. I was only 36 weeks and 2 days along. But with High blood pressure and protein in my urine, there was a risk of pre-eclampsia. Spiking BP wasn't good. The doctor sent me straight to the hospital and had me monitored. This was around 10-11am on a Friday. My first baby was about to be here. The doctor came in around 6pm and broke my water. Pitocin started working....contractions were fierce. Due to being on meds for  pre-clampsia, I was out of it. I got the epidural as soon as allowed. 14 hours later, I felt the urge to push. It was time...24 minutes later, little Dakota Wyatt entered this world. He was so tiny...6lbs 2 oz. I couldn't believe my baby was finally here. I felt lousy, exhausted, but Oh! so happy.





No comments: