Thursday, August 22, 2013

Life goes on....

I've been thinking alot about family lately. 
And each time I do, I call (or facebook) a family member just to say Hello. I can't imagine what I would do if something happened to them. I grew up in a large family (7 siblings)...and on top of that, Mom and Dad grew up in large families. So, there's family ALL over...literally. 



I love Facebook ♥  Some may not be particularly fond of it; All the social networking, people knowing too much about you, etc. But I find it's one of the BEST ways to keep in contact with family. After that, the phone. And lastly, snail mail. I ♥ snail mail. It brightens my day to see a handwritten letter in the mailbox. Bills get boring. :)

But, back to family...I'm kind of having withdrawals from not talking with my mom this week. Each time I've called she's been out of the house. And since she's not a computer person, she doesn't get to see and read all the fun things that happening in my life right now (via facebook or the glorious blog)

All this rambling to say...Take the time to tell your family that you love them. You never know when it will be that  last "I love you" ♥ My heart goes out to my family on my dad's side right now. They are learning that "life goes on..." Please continue to pray for them after the loss of my cousin, her husband, and their baby girl. Life does go on, but let's not forget those who made such an amazing impact our lives. I was thinking today...I never remember a time that my cousin wasn't smiling. In my eyes, she was always on the upside...never a negative, always a positive. I, as a distance relative, miss her pins on pinterest (she always found the cutest decorations, the best accessory pins, and the coolest things to do with kids). I miss those ♥ I miss her positive postings on Facebook. They always brought a smile to my face and inspired me to do something positive that day. I think of how much I miss her as a "distance relative" and think how her mother, father, and sisters feel. I love you all. And I'm praying for peace and comfort during this time of healing.

No comments: