Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Newness of summer wearing off


It's almost time for school to start back up. My children are reminding me of this constantly. The summer fun is beginning to wear off, the intense heat has kicked in, and sibling love is running dry.

It is odd how a fun game of tickling can turn into screaming bloody murder within seconds. 

What have I learned from the last two days???
My youngest has found her screeching voice. I mentioned this to the husband and his response was "want me to bring home some ear plugs??" Yes!! truly his response.
The middle child has almost mastered the technique of irritating both older and younger siblings at the same time. I don't know how she does this, but she's almost to a gold medal in this area of life.
The oldest....he's just ready for interaction with kids his age. I know he loves his sisters, but lately, I hear alot of  "No! get out of my room!!!" 

And something about me....coffee isn't working! (WHHAAAaaaaa!!) I know, shocker of all shocks! But we are all still alive and surviving. 

So for now, til the kids start school, this momma will be on her toes to have fun with the kiddos. I'll be praying this heat lets up a little, but if not, we still have a hose and sprinkler :)


No comments: