Monday, October 27, 2014

200!!!!!

As I was logging my exercise and food information into myfitnesspal (an app to track calories in and out), I realized it's been 200 days in a row of logging info on myfitnesspal. (I started this change in February of this year...but really got with the consistency, a month or so after) Thinking back, I was proud when I hit the 21 days mark. They say "it takes 21 days to create a habit/break a habit". Well, I think I've created a pretty good habit.

So, here's some results from started out with this healthy lifestyle change...
I've lost 6 inches in my waist, 3 inches in my neck, 7 inches in my hips (sweetness), and 3 inches in my chest. These are the few measurements I've kept up with since starting. Around Labor day, I started tracking my steps with a Fitbit. And in almost 2 months time, I've walked 250 miles!!! One day at a time....and it all adds up. I'm currently 43 lbs down from my starting weight!

All I can say is consistency with eating right and working hard ...it's paying off.  I really never thought I'd get this weight off. I remember when I was pregnant with my first, my mom was telling me to stay active. Once you start having kids, it's harder to get it off. Well, she was exactly right!!! I'm about 10 lbs away from "before kids" weight. I love that I can run with my kiddos (when my silly knee allows). I love that our eating habits have changed. Oh, we still eat what we want. And yes, we sometimes eat junk. But all in moderation (that's something that my dad would say while growing up...moderation). Now, I finally understand it. 

It's funny how the things your parents said while you were growing up....they never made sense. But now, that I'm in the same position as them, the wisdom is INCREDIBLE!!

 Me with the girls... February 2014


And Me with Leia at the pumpkin patch....October 2014

It's amazing to see and feel the difference of 8 months!! I feel healthier and happier :)

Consistency.
-enJoy

No comments: