Thursday, October 2, 2014

Children change your perspective

Remember the good ole' days when life was so incredibly busy? You were rushing from one job to the other just trying to make ends meet. I used to think that life was crazy...so busy. I would look forward to my days off. Now.........I look forward to the weekend. My husband is home and we can tag team responsibilities with the children.

I don't know how I had the energy and gumption to take a full load of college courses, work a 40 hour job and still cope with reality. Times have changed. Now, I'd love to clock in and clock out. Oh, don't get me wrong. I love my current job...stay at home Mommy. The good stuff outweighs the bad stuff. Yeah, I have days where I want to run away and never come back which is usually stifled with a piece of dark chocolate or a quick run to the coffee shop for a few moments of peace. But I wouldn't trade it. (just don't ask me that after school while the kids are fighting, working on homework, and I'm trying not to burn dinner....lol)
Some days I'm pushing myself just to make it to the kids' bedtime. How'd I do it back in the days when I was living off Mountain Dew and ramen noodles?????

It's amazing how a child changes things. It changes your perspective on almost EVERYTHING. I remember when washes dishes wasn't such a chore. But thanks to some absent minded humans in my house, I have to wash dishes almost daily (sometimes more often than that) just because we're short on spoons (I swear someone is throwing them away). Back in the day, I'd just use a tablespoon or do a quick eating job with fork...lol Yeah, I can't really make the kids do that. Today, I accomplished the job of cleaning the kitchen in 24 minutes. Why 24 minutes?? that's the exact time of the mermaid episode of Dora the Explorer...lol Crazy how it gave me a thrill to finish just in time. Yes, times have changed.


Now, I'm off to bribe a certain almost 3 yr old to cooperate while Mommy goes shopping for Jeans. Last years jeans don't fit!!! Sweetness! oh, did I tell you....I'm down 40 lbs! Yippee!! I can currently run 1/4 of mile without stopping (big accomplishment for me). I was thinking  "Wow, this working out is getting easier....NOPE!! I'm getting stronger." :)

Until we meet again....
-enJoy

No comments: