Monday, January 24, 2011

Makes My Monday: all of the above

Lily's pink toes

Here it is again...Monday. I was thinking of what makes my Monday....Lots of things make my Monday...
1) Jed had jury duty today...he was dismissed early and is home.
2) Dakota is sick (not much of a Monday maker) meaning we all got to sleep in today..which was excellent because he was up half the night/morning..and Lily was up the other half..so not much sleeping went on for us.
3) The things my kids say...Dakota stopped Lily from eating "cat food" on Thursday. I usually give our neighbors' cats a can of tuna about once week...so Kota thinks it's cat food. On Thursday evening, we were going to the gym and I wanted something light to eat before working out. I made some tuna fish...Lily wanted a bite and Kota screams "No, Lily! That's cat food. Mommy is making cat food for dinner!" I've laughed numerous times about this...just as everyone else who has heard this story.
4) Tom and Jerry make my Monday...why you ask? Because then this mommy gets a much needed break of running to get this and that. The kids will sit and watch and most times be content...At least this method works during the night hours..not so much the day hours.
5) Pink toes. Lily is ever so happy that she got Daddy to paint her toes pink. She has been asking me and asking me all day...but usually when I am in the midst of cleaning, laundry, etc. Daddy told Lily that he knew how to paint pink toes..and now, Daddy is Lily's new BFF. ♥

Those are Monday makers...so what makes your Monday?

Here is Dakota...feeling a bit better after sleeping in until almost 10am. Rest and Tylenol are helping for now.


Playing along with Cheryl from Twinfatuation

2 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

What a wonderful list of Monday Makers....and sweet Dakota's well rested smile speaks volumes.

Thank you for playing along!

Its A Corny Life... said...

I wish I could figure out how to email people from their blogs. Seriously. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you for praying for Abby. Hopefully I'll be able to share a little more on Thursday after we see the neurologist.