Sunday, June 19, 2011

Home is where you rest your feet!

Dakota braving Adventure Mountain at Dollywood...he was so proud of himself, as was I. :)

We are home from vacation...we actually returned yesterday...super early in the morning. I think I am starting to feel my age and driving all night and still participating in vacation activities is tiring...at least to this momma.

We had a fantastic time. My brother and his family drove down from Michigan and then my 2 older sisters from Florida drove up from Florida, and we drove over from Texas...and all met in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee. We stayed in a hotel for the weekend and then moved to the BIG house (as Kota called it) for the next 3 days. I highly recommend to everyone to rent a house while vacationing...It's relaxing...your kids can run around and scream...jump on the furniture, you can wash your clothes (which helps prevent over packing), and cook your own food (which helps you not get burned out on fast food...and saves money, too!)

The picture count from our week of vacation is over 500!! can you believe it?!

Our vacation activities were swimming in the hotel pool, meeting up with friends, hiking some trails (Laurel Falls and Ijams Nature Trail), driving through the Smokey Mountains, wading in the creek in Cherokee, NC, visiting Dollywood, and seeing the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola. A well rounded vacation!
I will upload pictures as I get time...for now, you can enJoy these!

Lily with her new bunny...Disney Store had a SALE!!

the view from the loft at our Cabin

Dakota and his cousin, Mason

Lily chilling at the pool

Being home from vacation is a Monday Maker....linking up with Cheryl from Twinfatuation for Makes My Monday

1 comment:

Annie said...

Welcome home!!!!

Looks like you all had a great vacation. Can't wait to see more.