Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fun at the lake


Dakota trying out the water

Getting their feet wet

Today, we headed out to the lake. I was going to take the kids for a walk through the woods to this pond where the kids could climb on the rocks and wade across the little creek, but as we pulled up to the lake, we saw some shady characters making their way down the path..So I opted to stay away from that area and just let the kids play right there at the lake bank.

It took Lily a little while to get used to the water...she sat in about 2 inches of water for the longest time...but after a few times of my carrying her further out, she enjoyed it a bit more. Dakota was ready to go as soon as he got his sunscreen on!

It was fun and carefree....just chilling at the lake. Next time, I'll have to remember to bring some swim clothes....but I still did a bit of wading in the lake. I even felt a nibble from a little fishy :) Lily said we should have brought our fishing poles...you can tell she is her Daddy's girl ♥

He thought this was cool...making bubbles in the lake.

Lily cautiously trying out the water....by the time we left, she was drenched from head to toe...and smiling :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Beautiful lake. So glad they enjoyed it. I like Lily's swimsuit.