Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I'll make up my own words

Totally love my kiddos. They drive me batty at times, but they remind me that life CAN be fun. I get so serious at times and that seriousness influences the kiddos. Laughing makes you happier.

This morning, I had a little spring in my step and a twinkle in my eye. And no! it wasn't my tripping over a toy or an eyelash in my eye. hahahaha! The kiddos didn't argue as much this morning while getting ready for school. I made my eggs and the yolks didn't break (what what!!). For some reason I had this crazy song in my head ... "You gotta go go go..." (I googled it later. It's from Backyardigans. Man, I need a night out.) Well, I was singing it the best I could and it was getting the kiddos out the door. I started making up my own words while I was buckling Leia. These lyrics included: "listen to mommy, she doesn't know all the words. But the tune is catchy, so it's ooooookay. Mommy's the smartest person in the world.....you gotta go go go go." You get the idea. I won't include a video of my glorious singing. Then I hear this quiet "No, you aren't the smartest." I was a bit taken back so I played along "Well, who is?" The oldest kiddo states: "God is the smartest, Mom." Well, I can't argue with that. But I did enjoy having the singing session with my kiddos this morning. I get my song skills from my dad. He's great at making up a little diddy on short notice. Jed just laughs and shakes his head.


On to other fantastic news....I finally got around to measuring myself. In the last 2 weeks, I've lost 2.5 inches overall. Super exciting!! Today I met my friend at the gym. We did our "let's step on the scale just for the fun of it" and Finally!!!! I've hit the 10 lbs lost mark. I'm so excited. It's been 3 months since I started at the gym. It's nice to see how it's changing me. Inches and pounds lost. It's also changing how we eat and do things at home. The kiddos are drinking more water, becoming more active. (secret here...they love to try and beat Mom on Zumba Wii game for kids...usually they do beat me). 

Well, enough about the family and I. Until the next posting...
-enJoy

No comments: