Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blue Buddies


On the way to church with Grandma...shades on, Bible in hand


When Dakota turned 3 yrs old, he moved up from nursery to sitting in Big Church with Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma. What a transition that was for all of us!

So, when my mom asked me what to get Dakota for Christmas, I asked for a dress shirt. My thinking was that if he was dressed for church, he might sit up better and behave like he was in church...as opposed to wearing his nice play clothes for church. Well, it worked. (he still has a bit of a wiggle worm but who doesn't?)
Then one day, he gets dressed and tells Grandma when she comes to pick him up..."Look, I am wearing a belt like daddy and a shirt like Bro. Bob." Ever since then, he calls his dress shirt " my Bro. Bob shirt". I made a joke with Bro. Bob about changing up his style, because all Dakota would wear was his white "Bro. Bob shirt".
Well, Grandma found a blue dress shirt for Kota, and Kota and Daddy told Bro. Bob about his new shirt...and the plans were made...On Sunday (6-14-09), they would wear the blue shirts together. Kota was so excited.
Sunday morning came...Dakota ready for Grandma to come pick him up for Sunday School....Kota pulls out his shades, his cell phone, and his Bible...all ready.



Dakota and Bro. Bob...I think, February 2006


Dakota and Bro. Bob (Pastor Gray) now...June 14, 2009

Bro. Bob was Jed's Youth Pastor growing up..and now he is our pastor while we are still growing up.

Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, and character.
~William Arthur Ward~

2 comments:

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

He looks amazing all dressed up like a little man.
My son had a male teacher in school last year AND he dressed in suits for work. My son would beg to dress in a suit for SCHOOL.
I must admit.. I let him on certain occasions..lol..
Annmarie

Bloggie McBlogger said...

SOOOOOOO cute!!!!!! I can't get Little Miss to be well behaved in church for the life of me. I've brought little toys, babies, coloring books, you name it.
She has more then a wiggle worm.