Monday, November 16, 2009

Makes My Monday: Deals, Buzz Buzz, Bubbles

I have a lot that Makes My Monday...but only a bit captured on camera.

Thanks to Grandma....she helped with alot of Making our Monday...Grandma called me early Saturday morning and asked me if I wanted to go shopping with her... Definitely makes my Monday. But before this, My sister had called EARLY (for the weekend, that is) to tell me that Toys 'R Us had an in-store coupon for bikes! At first, I was like "okay, whatever"...then I got Grandma's call...so I printed off the coupon. So, thanks to my sister...and Grandma...we got Kota's Christmas present $30 off!!! (sorry, no pictures until Christmas morning for this one!)

Our shopping trip with Grandma gave Jed time to replace the radiator on our van with no distractions. It was a success...the shopping trip and the radiator replacement!! Definitely a Monday maker.

Saturday night...Kota was going to get a "buzz buzz" no matter what!! We were all geared up and ready for it. Last time, we ended up "promising him the moon" to get his hair cut...which meant holding him down and cutting his hair and then the joy later of having a a new Thomas the train.
So, you can imagine how we all were when we knew it was time for another "buzz buzz." Our Monday maker here was Alexis, Kota's cousin and best friend. We told Kota he couldn't play his Star Wars game until he got his buzz buzz. So, we wasn't too happy...then Alexis told him that she would hold his hand...and Kota was all for it. He sat in the chair holding Alexis' hand getting a buzz buzz like a big boy. It was the whole family's Monday maker. Who knew that a simple hand holding would win over a new toy??!!?? Now, we just need to coincide Dakota's buzz buzz's with Alexis' trip to town.

Alexis holding Dakota's hand

And again

After the buzz buzz, Dakota played his game and Alexis and Lily had a bubble bath. Grandma said they were snow princess...which bubble crowns.

Lilyann

Lilyann and Alexis...bubble bath time!
I don't know what is up with Lily's look!

AND......Lily said a new word/phrase. Lily loves Grandma's puzzle and I was asking Lily where the elephant was...and she said...."I not know"...just as clear as day! Lily is getting better with her speech!

Wanna tell me all about what Makes your Monday and read what are other's Monday Makers? Well, stop on by Cheryl's blot at Twinfatuation and share yours. Don't forget to comment on other Monday makers.

3 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Look at those little cuties!!!!
To answer your question - I started TLM Craft Day in December last year but did not do the crafts every week - here is a link to them all - http://twolittlemonkeys1.blogspot.com/search/label/Two%20Little%20Monkeys%20Craft%20Day.
Unfortunately, I was not as organized with the crafts last year - Ha!

Cheryl Lage said...

Okay, ALL your images are adorable, but that hand-hold during haircutting TOTALLY Makes My Monday!

thank you so much for playing along!

Annie said...

So glad you had a great shopping day and found a great deal with the bike.

PS: I have a giveaway on my blog, is a great gift for Christmas.