Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Ready" Confetti


Dakota getting his "ready" confetti from his teacher

Tomorrow is Dakota's 1st day of Pre-K.
My emotions are going crazy...part of me is super excited--> thinking of all the stuff I will be able to get done with only 1 child in tow...I might actually be able to fold laundry during daylight hours...OoOoO!! and the other part of me is nervous--> My little boy is going to school. He will be leaving me for 3 hours (yes, that's all) and be under the care of someone else. I am nervous...because on Meet the Teacher day, Dakota balked as soon as he hit the classroom door. He would not enter. I had to pick him up and carry him in. He hid under the table while I finished filling out paperwork. I am nervous that he will cry...but you know, I guess this is a learning experience for Kota and Mommy. With having another child to tend to, I won't be as easy drop everything and ensure that he walks in happy. Now, to some this may sound harsh...but it will HAVE to work. I know Dakota will do fine...it's just the first few days....he will have to get into a schedule or a rhythm, you might say. Because, you know, he does fine going to "Stomp Time" (the daycare at the gym) given it's less than 2 hours there...but still, he used to cry and refuse to enter, but he now loves the "teachers" there. So....it will just take time. I must be patient. This is a big step, a new adventure.

Dakota on Meet the Teacher Day

Dakota's teacher, Mrs. Wright, is quite the smart one...in my book, so far. :) She made the kids little baggies of "ready" confetti and added a poem/letter from her to the kids on what to do with the confetti. Super thoughtful. I did this all tonight...almost had me all choked up while reading....like I said...these emotions are going crazy.

Mrs. Wright

I thought I would share with you all.....given most readers are mothers and dealing with their children starting school, too.

Ready Confetti

The night before school is exciting and fun
There are always so many things to be done

Your clothes are ready, your backpack is too
Your classroom is full of fun things you will do

But sometimes we all get the jitters down deep
And that makes it hard to fall fast asleep

So I've Made you some magic confetti, it's really quite cool
It will help you be rested and ready for school

Just sprinkle the confetti under your pillow in bed
On the night before school starts when you lay down your head

The confetti will help you sleep through the night
And you will wake up in the morning fresh and bright

I'll sprinkle the confetti under my pillow too
And remember I can't wait for school so I can see you!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hope he had a great day.