Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dorm life vs Motherhood

As I stood in the shower contemplating whether to use Bath and Bodywork's body wash Energy or Stress Relief, Leia is banging on the door and screaming. I'm wondering if mixing them would provide this momma some sweet relief from stress with a jolt of energy ;)  I can wish, can't I?

But this blog post came to me in the shower...I know, how inspiring! *snicker*
I remembered signing up for a shower time slot when I first moved into the college dorms as a freshman. I knew I could do a quick 5 minute shower. I had practice with quick baths/showers. Growing up in a family of 10 with 1 bathroom...yep!  think I had a jump on the other dorm girls. 

Five minute showers are still not a thing of the past. But a Mommy's gotta do what a Mommy's gotta do.

Some other funnies during the last few days.

Dakota: "Mom, when I have a kid, I'm gonna name him Harry Potter." --this was after seeing a screen name of "harry potter" on the Wii Mario Kart race. 
Me: "Okay, but you know that Smith will have to be his last name, right?"
Dakota: "Harry...Potter...Smith. Yes, that sounds good!"  --all the while smiling like he just found the fix for world peace ♥

And another:
--I hear a flush and Lily comes running into the living room--
Lily: "I wiped and flushed, Mom. Did you hear the flush sound???  Can I play Mario Kart now?"
All I could do was smile...and of course, let her play the game. How can you say no to that?!

yes, college life prepared me for motherhood. From the quick showers, multitasking, and just going with the flow no matter how spontaneous...yep! I owe a bit to college life :)

Now...
To figure out where that stinky smell is coming from. This one should be easier than it was during dorm life. I have $5 on Leia's diaper ;)

~enJoy

No comments: