Friday, May 17, 2013

Freeze Frame life

I never understood what adults meant when they said "Time flies, don't rush life." Of course, that was when I was a know-it-all teenager/college kid and I was in control of everything. I controlled how fast time flew. Who was going to tell me to stop and smell the roses?

Well, I've hit that stage. I'm the adult telling others that time flies. My babies are growing up and it finally hit me tonight. No, not when my Lily did my job of checking the mail. Not even when Dakota cleaned up the living room and offered to vacuum the floor for me. No, it was when Leia woke up just before midnight crying for a "dink". I carried her into the kitchen and got a cool drink. (a little background, she has been running a low grade fever all day. Medicine has been keeping it down for now. I think it's her teeth since she's not showing any other symptoms) I sit down on the couch with her and cuddle. She doesn't want that. Of course, she wants to be held while I'm standing up. Isn't that how most kids are?? They can sleep and calm down only if mommy or daddy is in the most uncomfortable position. So, I stood under the fan in the living room and rocked back and forth. It was magic and she was out. Then it hit me...do I put her back in her crib or do I hold her longer? She answered for me. Holding on tight to my shirt...sneaky baby :)  We snuggled longer and then it was off to bed for my last baby. Since she's the last baby for me, I'll savor each snuggle. Moments like these call for a Freeze Frame. ♥

Still on the subject of time flying. We are down to 2 weeks left of school. Soon, my 1st grader will be moving up. And my pre-K student will start kindergarten attending school all day. What will this momma do with the extra time and only 1 child all day?? I'm sure Leia will get the memo from the big kids to keep Momma busy all day :) 

And here's your funny for the day... Dakota woke up in a foul mood. And he decided that name calling was the way to go. The only thing he could come up with for Lily was.......................................................wait for it................................................................................................... Lily pad. A boring old Lily pad that just sits there. And that's exactly what he said. Wow! I can handle this kind of growing up. Mild mannered children will make for an easy life (for now) for this Momma ;)

No comments: