Monday, January 13, 2014

...doeth good like a medicine

Today was a dreaded Monday.
My sweet children took FOREVER to get out of their beds this morning...but we still weren't late for school.
Then, I get back home after dropping off the big kids at school only to realize that the load of laundry in the washer was the same one I put in on Saturday evening (I'm so forgetful lately). It's time to start this day over.

I got some breakfast, finished my coffee and then restarted the laundry. Leia's running crazy through the house screeching for a "treat"...but won't surrender to going peepee on the potty to get said "treat".  Oh, the whining!!! 
Next, I put on my sneakers and do the same for Leia. We are going for a walk. Maybe some fresh air will help...and It did!  
Then the mail arrived...why must the mail carrier continue to give me bills. They know I don't appreciate them ;)  But they still arrive. As my husband reminded me today...worrying won't pay them, it will be all right. I keep reminding myself that. It's nothing to constantly be worrying about...anyway, I'd rather have laugh lines than worry lines. 

And all of that to say this....
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."
~Proverbs 17:22
This verse is one that Dad would have us say at almost every family devotions. Those verses we repeated each evening have stuck with me. I find they pop up at exactly the right time. Pretty incredible how my parents instilled these truths in ours lives at a young age.


A merry heart...laughter.  I've heard it's the best medicine :D

--enJoy

No comments: