Saturday, January 11, 2014

What would I tell my 18 yr old self?

Recently, I asked Facebook friends:
 "Knowing what you know now, what would tell your 18 yr old self?"

I've been thinking about this off and on for the last few weeks. I don't regret anything that has happened in my "adult years". Each and every thing that happened was meant to make me a better person. At times, I  swear I was on someone's hit list, but I lived to tell about it. Thank you, God.
 I'm far from perfect (yes, I put that in writing!!) but I strive to be the best that I can be. It's okay to make mistakes. If you don't learn from them, that's when the mistake was wasted. Each situation is a learning experience...believe me, I had lots of "learning experiences". ;)
 

So....what would I tell my 18 year old self?
*Never take life for granted.
*Take what Mom and Dad taught you and hold on to it. Just because you want to "make your own way" doesn't mean that you need to throw the last 18 years out the window. Each grounding, spanking, and "I love you" was their way of preparing you for real life.
*Trade in that Mountain Dew for Coffee...you'll learn to live off of it one day ;) (ain't that the truth!!!)
*Smile! It's the 2nd best thing to do with your lips

I was encouraged and inspired to read the answers from my fellow friends. Their tenacity is incredible!!
Like one friend said "Unfortunately I probably wouldn't listen." hahaha!! probably true, but hey! it's worth a shot. 

And one more thing...
*enJoy the moments...don't rush life!


No comments: