Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Way Back When-esday: Memories

"A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward; one is of today, the other of tomorrow. Memory is history recorded in our brain, memory is a painter, it paints pictures of the past and of the day."
~Anna Mary Robertson Moses


January 29, 2006
Boo and Grandad with their great grandson, Dakota



This weekend holds memories...Friday is the anniversary of Grandad's passing. He is truly missed. But the memories we hold in our hearts and the tangible ones in pictures will get us through until we see him again in Heaven.

I realize Dakota was young when Grandad passed. Dakota had just celebrated his 3rd birthday. Dakota was standing behind me while I was loading these pictures and he asked me who that man was. It saddens me to think that he doesn't remember such a special person as Grandad. So...it's up to myself, Jed, and the rest of the family to help Dakota remember his Grandad.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, your pictures for today are beautiful.

I know that Dakota is going to know who was he because you are going to teach him about Grandad.

Heather said...

I am sure you will pass on your best memories of Grandad to her. Adorable pictures. Hope everyone is well.