Thursday, July 30, 2009

Grandma Smith


We were sad to be informed that Jed's grandmother, Grandma Smith, passed away on Monday, July 27, 2009. Grandma Smith is Jed's dad's mother. Such a sweet lady who will truly be missed.

The pictures posted are the last pictures that I have of Grandma Smith. These were taken in June of 2008. This was the 1st time that Grandma Smith saw Lilyann.

Grandma Smith would always cry when she saw Jed....and say how handsome he was...just like his daddy.
The graveside service was held yesterday (Wednesday, July 29, 2009)...there were butterflies fluttering about...it was such a pleasant service. The music was Precious Memories...the reading of the 23rd Psalm...and ending with The Lord's Prayer.

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Grandma Smith...you will be in our hearts forever

No comments: