Monday, July 27, 2009

Makes My Monday



Me and My hubby....had a great time out fishing!


This weekend was truly a Monday maker. I dreaded Monday's arrival after all the fun we had this weekend.
Friday night..the kids went to Grandma's house and spent the night (WOOHOOO!!). Jed and I finally had an evening to ourselves...where we could sit without kids calling for us to do this or that, where we could lay on the couch and doze without being awaken from the huge mass on your chest bouncing up and down asking to play Lego Star Wars...and for me, having them pull your ponytail to get up to get her another cookie!! It was quite an enjoyable, quiet evening. We stopped by Moe's Southwest Grill on the way home (might I just add...wonderful food)...we recently had one open in the area. I had never eaten there...my brothers and sisters all rave about the food. Matter of fact, every time my brother, Matt, and his family go to visit my family in Florida...they must eat at Moe's. I loved it!!

We got our food to go and sat in the living room to eat...how romantic..while watching TV..even more romantic...lol I enjoyed spending some quality time with hubby...without the kids.
My 2nd catch of the day...a catfish

The next morning, we were up at a bright and early 6am..to go fishing. Yes! I went fishing...and I even baited my own hook. I didn't take the fish off the hook..but at least, I am baiting the hook now. We had a good morning of fishing. I got 4 keepers...and Jed's only keeper was a lily pad.Jed with the infamous Lily pad....lol..at least he looks proud of his catch!

He did catch a lot of fish, but they were too small...I still joke about his hooking a minnow...that is how small some of the fish were.
Just before we started to pack up to head to home (well, to Grandma's to get the kids), we saw this man coming around the spillway with a (as Kota would call it) "humongous" catfish. He had to stop at least 4 times on the way to his truck to rest. That catfish was huge!! That would have been quite a tale if it had gotten away...but wow!! he caught it!

It was a wonderful weekend...and I plan to have more weekends just like it. (hint hint to Grandma)

Spending time with my husband definitely Makes My Monday....stop on by Twinfatuation and link up to show & tell about what Makes your Monday.

4 comments:

monica said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Wonderful weekends always make my monday also! Stopping in from MMM!

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!! Stopping by from MMM!!!

Cheryl Lage said...

The smiles on your faces in that top picture COMPLETELY Make My Monday...what a wonderful weekend.

Thanks so much for playing along!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Sounds like fun! I love to go fishing!