Saturday, September 12, 2009

Grandma from Florida


The sole purpose of this post is for prayers.

My mom (as Kota calls her--Grandma from Florida or Mommy Poppers) fell on Thursday night. She thought she just bruised her hip, so she went on to bed. When she woke up, she couldn't sit up or even move. My dad called an ambulance and had her taken to the hospital. They ran some x-rays and come to find out...my mom broke her hip. Completely separated..the ball from her hip bone (I'm not sure if that is all the right terms but it helps you to understand the severity).
Right now, my mom is flat on her back awaiting surgery for a hip replacement. They are waiting on her the coumadin levels in her body to go down. Coumadin is a blood thinner. My mom has taken a blood thinner since her stroke almost 10 years ago. She takes it everyday. So for the Doctors do the the surgery, Mom must have a low level of coumadin in her body so she doesn't free bleed. They are giving her Vit K to help with the coagulating of her blood. But is a waiting game. Too much Vit K can result in a stroke again, and not enough...well, you get the picture.

Her surgery was scheduled for 9am EST today, but her levels didn't come back good. So they bumped her to 12 noon today...in hopes of her levels being where they should be. I will keep you all posted as I am updated from my sisters.

Prayer works. Believe me, My daughter is living proof of prayer.

2 comments:

Annie said...

So sorry. She is going to be fine and I will pray for her.

Take care and let me know how is she.

Heather said...

Oh no! Saying a prayer for your mom and your whole family. Please keep us updated. Hugs,
Heather