Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Writer's Workshop: The first day of...



The first day of the rest of our lives was May 28, 2004.

On that day, Jed and I (Joy) became husband and wife.

Our ceremony was at 7 pm at my home church, Central Fellowship Baptist Church, in Lake Helen, Florida. The planning that went into our ceremony was a tremendous amount but my mother-in-law did the majority of it all. (Thanks!) I found out later that our ceremony lasted all of 17 minutes!! wow!!! After the ceremony, we did the cutting of the cake outside and then headed back inside for photos.
Photos taken, Clothes changed, and we were off on our honeymoon.

The wedding party

It is a day that I will remember always.

Bro. Tim, Bro. John, Jed (groom), and Matt (best man)

The sunburned groomsmen, the overly eager ring bearer (who ran down the aisle to jump and sit on the pillow he was carrying), the candid "cheese" pictures, the yummy cake, the hugs from friends and family, the tear in the eyes of my parents, and the list could go on.

I am so thankful for my husband and for his family. The accepted me right away...and what a wonderful family they are. Love you all!!

This post was inspired by Mama's Losin' It. Stop on by and read other entry's from her Writer's Workshop.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Aww that's so sweet! You guys look really happy!

Annie said...

Oh Joy, your post is beautiful. Wonderful pictures of your wedding.

I have a giveaway on my blog if you are interested.