Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thought for Today

So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying, It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved.
~Isaiah 41:7~

This was the passage that our pastor spoke from today. A basic truth. Give Courage with Encouragement. The verse above refers to 5 men who do one job and get it all done while encouraging each other on. The Carpenter, the Goldsmith, the Anvil hammerer (as the Pastor called it), the Soderer, and the Fastener. The job started with one, who passed on to the other, encouraging; and passed on, encouraging; and passed on, encouraging...oh! you get the picture...So you have an "applause" going on while the last one fastens it to the wall....and everyone cheering for the job completed.
I wonder how fast that job would have been completed without the encouraging? you might have heard that one lonely carpenter clapping by himself trying to root the rest of his team on....but with everyone cheering together...Fantastic!! (as my dad would say)

My goal this week and forever will be to encourage those around me...Cheer people on to do what they don't think they can do. Give courage to finish! And applause for a job well done!

Who will you give courage to?
....as I push back my chair and stand on my feet to give you all a standing ovation.

Give courage through Encouragement!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi Joy. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You won the hello kitty towel.

Check my blog.